26/01/2011

pic 1293 - 1296

I passed Helsinki on the way to and from Riga. Arranged it in such way that I could allow myself to be captivated again. Can't say enough thanks for such a great time. Couldn't avoid the busy working days for the last two, but thankfully managed to pass through the delicate situation, and a project was ended up well too.

Words of warning: this series might feel like full of small talks to one. But, I beg to disagree. They were not small talks. They were just... real :)



Helsinki, January 2011: 1st post out of 18.

From Wikipedia:
...(It) is an island and neighbourhood of Western Helsinki, about three kilometres west of the city centre. With a population of 19,000, it is primarily a residential area but also contains services, including several marinas and canoe clubs. Although close to the city centre, it is noted for its preserved forest areas and rocky outcrops.

That is where I was staying most of the time when I was in Helsinki. In fact, apart from Helsinki city centre and Espoo, other pictures on this series were all taken there. Here are some mementos in-house. The pickled cucumber... can't get enough of it :)



No comments: